CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager
An outstanding job opportunity has arisen for a motivated CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager to work in an exceptional hospital setting based in Southampton.
As a CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager you will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This special hospital is one of the country’s leading centres for the treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, and stress.
They are also able to provide expert outpatient treatment for eating disorders at the hospital
As a CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager your day to day duties include:
· Works as Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors
· Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
· Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
· Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
· Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
· Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
· Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
· Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies.
· Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi Disciplinary Working
· Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences.
· Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
An ideal CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager must have these skills as they are beneficial for this position:
· At least 3 years, or equivalent experience post-registration in Mental Health
· To be a trained Mentor
· Clinical Supervision experience essential, training desirable
· Evidence of Continued Professional Development and intent to maintain and develop Continued professional development and leadership
· Good computer skills
· Effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
The successful CAMHS Deputy Ward Manager will receive an excellent salary from £33,000 - £35,000 DOE.
This exciting position is a Full Time role working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
· Up to 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
· Birthday Leave
· CPD opportunities including degree / Masters / specialist training CAMHS ED.
· Rotational Posts across three service lines
· Pension scheme with a company contribution
· SMART Pensions option - You opt for a slightly smaller salary and we pay an additional contribution into your pension.
The result? We both save on National Insurance payments and you end up with an overall increase in your take-home pay
· Dental insurance, Travel insurance and Health cash plan
· Cycle Scheme - Get a tax free bike and equipment and pay monthly from your salary, generating a cost saving of up to 42%.
· Computing Scheme - Buy the latest technology at no more than the RRP using salary exchange whilst spreading the cost over 12 months
· Your Benefits+ - Our shopping discount site where you’ll find great offers for online and in-store shopping, negotiated specially for everyone who works in the company
· Enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS
· GymFlex - Spread the cost of an annual gym membership over 12 months.
You can use your GymFlex at health clubs, leisure centres, boot camps and yoga studios across the UK
To be considered for this position you must be qualified as an RMN with a current active NMC Pin
Reference ID: 3929
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call Peter Fit on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to email@example.com
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £33,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
- Location: Marchwood, Southampton
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jupiter Recruitment
- Contact: Peter Fit
- Tel: 0121 638 0567
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 3929
- Posted: 2020-06-10 12:48:37 -
- View all Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Registered General Nurse
- Counselling/Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Manager
- Occupational Therapist
- Deputy Manager
- Deputy Manager
- House Manager
- Service Manager
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Clinical Lead
- Deputy House Manager
- Head of Clinical Services
- Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Deputy Ward Manager
- CAMHS Ward Manager
- Senior Nurse RMN
- Lead Occupational Therapist
- Lead Occupational Therapist
- Physical Health Nurse
- Recovery Nurse