Social Work Team Manager - Children
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Work Team Manager to join a new and exciting team within the Doncaster area
* Full Time
* £40 ltd per hour
* Initial 3 month contract
This will be a position within a new Children in Care team for an initial period of 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate needs to have a good sound knowledge of safeguarding and child protection and extensive experience in managing a Children in Care Team.
Successful candidate will be required to manage and lead a team of qualified social workers and social care assistants; contribute to development of a range of voluntary and statutory social work activities and oversee professional social work tasks and ensure timely, procedural compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries which clearly identify levels of and types of risk or need in relation to children and young people and which lead to clear associated plans to address the issues identified.
* Thorough and up-to-date understanding of the legislative, procedural and research base underpinning social work with children and families
* Extensive knowledge of issues prevalent in cases necessitating the protection of children.
Knowledge of current developments affecting the provision of children's services including the political and social policy context.
Ability to apply knowledge of legislation, research and policy to the practice of social work with children and families
* Ability to identify indicators of risk and carry out effective risk assessment
* Excellent communication skills providing ability to effectively engage with a range of individuals, including children, their parents/families, colleagues and managers across agencies
* Excellent written skills providing the ability to produce professional reports which clearly articulate and evidence issues for children and young people
* Ability to present and disseminate information to support learning and development in social care staff and staff partner agencies
* Ability to effectively chair meetings.
* Competent in use of ICT
If you would be interested in this role or any similar roles please do not hesitate to contact Emily @ Service Care on 01772 208964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working for Emily @ Service Care Solutions:
* A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
* Exceptional referral bonuses
* An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
* Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
* Payroll service twice a week
* Ltd and PAYE payment options available
* Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
* Loyalty schemes / bonuses
* DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Note: Do you know someone who is looking for work in this field? If so, please pass these details on to them.
If we are able to place them into work such as this, lasting over 13 weeks, we will happily pay you a £250 referral bonus
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Recovery Worker
- Recovery Coordinator
- Multi Trade Specialist
- Casual Supervised Contact Worker
- Senior Social Worker, Long Term Team
- Multi Trade Specialist
- Housing Options Officer
- Executive assistant
- RTA Paralegal - Lancashire Law Firm
- Band 5 Mental Health Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- 2nd Line Support Engineer
- Civilian Investigator - War Crimes Team
- Senior Childcare Lawyer (Local Authority) - South West
- Cambridge NHS Admin
- Part Time Cleaner - Horsham
- Neighbourhood Housing Officer
- Scrub Nurse