Civilian Investigator- Merton
Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Civilian Investigator to work on a contract in the Merton area of South West London.
The post holder will work within the Serious Collisions Unit.
The purpose of this role is to investigate fatal/SPI collisions and other road related crimes.
The work may involve both complex and high profile investigations where the full range of investigative tactics will be required, which will include media appeals, forensic submission and witness statements.
The role will also include attending the scene within the ‘golden hour' and the ‘post-crash' response in terms of investigation and family liaison.
-Compliance with the requirements of the Road Death Investigation Manual of Guidance in relation to fatal road traffic collision investigations.
-Ensure compliance with the OCU Health and Safety Policy and risk assessments in relation to collision investigation, vehicle examination and family liaison.
-Attending and under the direction of the SIO managing Road traffic collision and complex road crime scenes.
-Alongside the SIO, formulate a proactive witness tracing strategy.
This may include 999 tape requests, including London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade.
You may also need to consider cash point and Oyster card trace, ANPR, local retail transactions etc.
This list is not exhaustive.
-Interviewing suspects involved in investigations.
-After carrying out a risk assessment, PNC, CRIMINT checks, etc., contact and interview witnesses.
All actions should be recorded on the CRIS record.
Maintain liaison with witnesses, using book 192A, if directed.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Level 2 PIP.
-Recent evidence of the investigation of road death or major/complex investigations.
-Family Liaison officer trained or experience.
-Achieving best evidence trained (ABE) or Tier 3 trained.
As this is Civilian Investigator (ex-officer) role, candidates must have worked directly for a UK based police force in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will need to go through MPS Vetting, therefore must have resided in the UK for a minimum of the last 5 years.
University qualifications will not be taken into account for this position.
If you are interested, please ring Becci Grime on 01772 208962 or email email@example.com
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Months +
- Rate: £17.04 - £21.09 per hour
- Location: City of London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-04-01 09:01:28 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Admin Assisstant - Children's Services - Worcestershire
- IT Procurement Delivery Manager
- Multi Trade Operative
- Community Nurse
- Adult Social Worker
- Supported Housing Change & Improvement Manager – Camden
- Female Specialist Support Worker
- Accommodation Procurement Officer
- Unvented Qualified Plumber
- Hospital Discharge Social Worker, Lewisham
- Registered Housing Scheme Manager – Kettering
- Temporary Accommodation Officer
- Pathway Assessment and Referral Officer
- Social Worker - Out of Hours
- Clerk of Works
- General Practice Surveyor
- Valuation Surveyor
- Registered Manager