Housing Advice and Assessment Officer
Housing Advice And Assessment Officer, Harrow
A London Local Authority are looking to recruit a Housing Advice and Assessment Officer, to give advice and assistance to housing applicants, in order to prevent and relieve homelessness, in line with legislation, case law, council policy objectives and priorities.
To assess applications from homeless households and those threatened with homelessness in line with Part VII Housing Act 1996.
Your key duties within the role will include the following:
- To manage a customer caseload through provision of advice and assistance, including offering financial assistance through the prevention fund, in order to prevent or relieve homelessness.
- To manage a caseload of customers who are either actually homeless or are threatened with homelessness and make statutory enquiries and produce written decisions on their cases, as required by homelessness legislation.
- To develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of homelessness legislation
- To comply with your responsibilities as laid out in the council's equal opportunity policy and take an active role in promoting equality and diversity to Harrow's diverse community.
- To comply with your responsibilities as laid out in the council's health and safety policy and take an active role in promoting a positive health and safety culture (e.g.
effective management of aggressive and violent customers).
- To promote and participate in the council's investors in people (IIP) and individual performance appraisal and development (IPAD) initiatives and information management best practice.
- To comply with the council's information security policies and maintain confidentiality.
- To adhere to the Council's corporate values
To be considered for this role, a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of homelessness legislation, the rights of tenants in the private rented sector and welfare benefits related to housing
This is a full-time role for 36 hours per week, contract starting 25/02/19 and running until 03/05/2019.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Home Improvement Officer
- Health Care Assistant, Maidstone
- Health Care Assistant
- Locum Social Worker
- Customer Service Administrator
- Minute Taker
- IT Analyst
- Community Mental Health Nurse
- Service Manager
- Homecare Worker
- Licensing Officer
- Community Mental Health Nurse
- ADHD Specialist
- Recovery Worker
- Supported Housing Services Manager – Benfleet
- CAMHS Practitioner
- Band 6 Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Housing Options Officer