Senior Associate, Audit - Not for Profit
Basic DOE + Benefits
Our esteemed client is one of the UK’s audit, advisory and tax experts.
Part of a Global Group and none of the leading UK Charity Auditors we are looking to recruit for a Senior Associate, Audit.
You will have the opportunity to work with a successful and reputable organisation that is committed to building the most talented teams in their field.
We are looking for an Audit Senior Associate (newly qualified or qualified senior) to join our client’s award winning not for profit team based in Central London.
You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the charity sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other not for profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector.
You will be working alongside experienced partners and managers in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment.
Your role will be challenging and varied, and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
As an Audit Senior Associate, you will be expected to take responsibility for running the audit and leading the on-site audit team, working directly with the client under manager supervision.
You will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- You will assist in the planning, execution and completion of all areas of the audit for manager and partner review.
This will include the preparation of draft reports to senior client management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Produce work for manager and partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Show initiative and take responsibility for management of the audit to ensure completion within the agreed budget and timescales.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork with active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of the organisation and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more.
junior team members on client premises and in the office.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Opportunities for involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the not for profit sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- An interest in the not for profit sector.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about the role and company please apply with your CV and a member of the team will be in touch.
- Start: asap
- Duration: Full time
- Rate: Excellent Basic DOE + Benefits
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Michael Pagalos
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW132
- Posted: 2019-11-06 12:52:33 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Electrical Inspecting & Testing Engineer
- Digital Product Owner
- Sales Estimator
- ITU Charge Nurse Band 6
- Endoscopy Nurse
- Endoscopy Lead Nurse
- Team Administrator
- Senior Radiographer
- UK/European Export Coordinator
- Service Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Finance & Office Manager
- B2B Sales Executive/Event Sales Executive
- Senior Events Sales Executive/ Event Sales Manager
- Media and Events Sales Executive
- Planner / Scheduler
- Restaurant Receptionist
- Technical Development Manager
- Production Planner