Council Tax Recovery Officer
Council Tax Recovery Officer, Slough
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Council Tax Recovery Officer with a full working knowledge of Council Tax based in at Local Authority in Berkshire.
Key responsibilities in this position are as follows:
- Ensuring the recovery cycle is followed and completed for Council Tax accounts for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action
- To ensure all arrears accounts are actively pursued by monitoring and ensuring that enforcement action is not being held up, through effective case management to maximise income
- Analysing and monitoring post liability order actions including Enforcement Agent case selection and review, Committal, Bankruptcy, Charging Orders and other actions as required.
- To negotiate and make payment arrangements with customers who are in arrears using income and expenditure details to inform sustainable solutions for Council Tax debt
- Trace absconders using Experian or other information held to obtain payments
- Attending and representing the Council at Liability Order and Committal hearings
- Liaising with external bodies such as Enforcement Agents, Department of Work and Pensions and Solicitors
- Conduct office interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the general public in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines
To be considered for the role it is vital that the candidate has an extensive knowledge of the law and practice relating to the recovery of council tax, with an ability to effectively manage and prioritise workload in a pressurized, target driven organization.
Start date is the 04/11/2019 till the 31/03/2020 on a full time basis.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Adult Social Worker
- Band 5 - PWP - Stockport, Cheshire - £18ph
- Duty and Assessment Social Worker
- Children's Social Worker
- Probation Service Officer
- Residential worker
- Disabled Children and Young Persons Team
- Litigation Solicitor - Gloucestershire
- Advanced Social Worker - Children
- Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker - Southport
- Tenanancy Enforcememt Officer
- Occupational Therapy Practice Manager
- Solicitor - Private Client - Gloucestershire
- Senior Solicitor - Private Client - Gloucestershire
- Brokerage Assistant
- Plumber - Multi Trade
- Newly Qualified Adult Social Worker
- MASH Social Worker
- Care Assistant