Disclosure and Compliance Officer (Police)
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Disclosure and Compliance Officer to work in Penrith within a Professional Standards Department.
The key responsibility is to provide a decision making capability in respect of requests for information received under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts and in accordance with the 2013 Protocol and Good Practice Model.
The postholder will ensure police information is managed in accordance with the Code of Practice on the Management of Police Information 2005 (MOPI), Human Rights Act 1998, Data Protection Act 2018 and Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The postholder will also undertake reviews of person records to assess compliance with MOPI and to help manage the risks posed by known offenders other potentially dangerous persons.
- To act as a Decision Maker in respect of requests for information received under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, liaising with Information Owners, considering applicable exemptions and the public interest test where appropriate.
The candidate will also ensure that responses are provided to applicants within the statutory timescale.
- Upon receipt of a request for an internal review of the Constabulary's handling of a freedom of information request, act as an independent reviewer, advising the applicant of the outcome as soon as possible.
- Act as a Decision Maker in respect of requests for information received under the Data Protection Act 2018, applying exemptions as appropriate, ensuring that a response is provided to the applicant within the statutory timescale.
- Review draft responses to “business as usual” requests for information,which will be prepared by Disclosure and Audit Assistants, making disclosure decisions in accordance with relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures and national guidance, where applicable.
-Advise personnel within the Public Protection Unit, Local Intelligence Officers and Force Intelligence Bureau on MoPI principles regarding high risk offenders and management strategies.
The successful candidate will have experience in auditing and compliancy, and have a clear understanding of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Please Note: As this is a role with the Police, the successful candidate will be subject to SC Vetting, therefore candidates must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please ring 01772 208962 and ask to speak to Becci Grime.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months +
- Rate: £12.00 - £14.00 per hour
- Location: Penrith, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2019-09-25 14:29:25 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Children's Social Worker
- Mental Health Nurse, Band 6
- Planning an Highways Solicitor - Yorkshire
- Domiciliary Care Worker
- Food Safety Inspector
- Residential Care Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Project Manager
- Group Manager - Growth Strategy and Commissioning
- Adult Social Worker
- Asbestos Officer
- Estates Surveyor
- Highway Design Engineer
- Adult Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Building Control Technician
- Drainage Operative
- Band 7 Speech & Language Therapist (CAMHS & LD) - Hull - £25ph
- Customer Service Advisor