Fitness Advisor - Armagh
We are currently recruiting a fitness supervisor to work within the local council.
Your role will be to provide customer service support to individual and group patrons of Newry Leisure Centre and other Recreational Facilities to help ensure visitor comfort, safety and enjoyment.
This includes fitness instruction, gym supervision, fitness class coaching (where qualified), and cleaning and upkeep of facilities and equipment as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for undertaking fitness instructor duties, as determined by rota, to professionally recognised standards:
a) Keeping a close watch over the fitness suite and clients
b) Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues
c) Anticipating problems and preventing accidents
d) Intervention to prevent unsafe behaviour
e) Identifying emergencies quickly and taking appropriate action
f) Giving immediate First Aid to any casualty
g) Assisting with crowd control, including the evacuation of the building in an emergency.
2. Liaise as directed with Gym Members and prospective Gym members in order to achieve highest possible levels of membership retention and new sales.
3. Assist in the administration of membership sales ensuring membership and direct debit forms etc.
are completed appropriately and receipts issued at reception.
4. Carry out induction sessions to ensure new clients are instructed in the safe use of fitness equipment.
5. Ensure that each client receives a personal exercise programme, which must be updated after each session.
6. Review and evaluate personal exercise programmes as required to ensure clients achieve exercise and fitness goals.
7. Undertake a range of duties at Newry Leisure Centre, Kilkeel Leisure Centre and other recreational facilities, to include:
(i) Patrolling, supervision and security of assigned facilities
(ii) Emergency Response
(iii) Assembling and dismantling all equipment to be deployed at the facility
(iv) Cleaning and Housekeeping
(v) Customer Service & Hospitality
(vi) Promotional & Public Relations Activities
(vii) Access Control
(viii) Traffic Control
When applying for this role its is essential that you have
, REPS, NVQ Level 2 Award in Fitness Instruction, Coaching NI Exercise & Fitness Award or equivalent qualification.
, Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment eg.
Public building, office complex
This is a part time role.
On a rota
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call Keira on 01772 208967
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Youth Worker
- Investigator (Major Crime Unit)
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Lifeline Officer - Nottingham (Maternity Cover)
- Housing Solutions Officer
- Housing Officer
- Child Protection - Social Worker
- Manager Spares and Services Catering Equipment
- Childrens Social Worker
- Insurance Officer (Police)
- Senior Caseworker
- Healthcare Assistant - Melton
- NHS Assistant Financial Accountant
- Transport Engineer
- Occupational Therapy Assessment Officer
- Project Manager
- Stock Condition Surveyor
- Property Surveyor