Approved Mental Health Professional
Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) - Halifax
3 month ongoing contract
Calderdale Council are looking to employ an AMHP.
You will undertake comprehensive care management and formal assessments of people with severe and enduring mental illness.
AMHP work requires significant skills in assessment and crisis resolution and management especially when service users may not be deemed to have competence in managing their own lives.
We are looking for experienced Social Workers/AMHP's within Mental Health Services.
These workers will operate as part Of the Community Mental Health Teams and carry out Social work Roles (Care Act Assessments, AMHP related work and care coordination) They will case manage and received case management supervision from the CMHT team managers.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Making application for detention in hospital and overseeing all of the processes that impact on that application.
- Ensuring that responsibilities related to ongoing care arrangements are managed if a decision is made not to recommend detention.
- Identifying and consulting with Nearest Relative as described in the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007).
- Laying information before magistrates to allow police to search for and remove people to a place of safety.
* Social Work Degree
* HCPC Registration
* Enhanced DBS
* Full driving license
If you would be interested in this role or any similar roles please do not hesitate to contact Emily @ Service Care on 01772 208964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working for Emily @ Service Care Solutions:
* A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
* Exceptional referral bonuses
* An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
* Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
* Payroll service twice a week
* Ltd and PAYE payment options available
* Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
* Loyalty schemes / bonuses
* DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Note: Do you know someone who is looking for work in this field? If so, please pass these details on to them.
If we are able to place them into work such as this, lasting over 13 weeks, we will happily pay you a £250 referral bonus!
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Children’s Home Manager
- PA to Director
- Lettings Advisor- Stevenage
- Environmental Health Officer
- Income Recovery Officer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Repairs Scheduler
- Occupational Therapist
- Accommodation & Sustainment Officer
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Homeless Outreach Officer
- Qualified Social Worker - Brief Intervention - Camden Council
- Specialist Nurse
- Housing Needs Officer
- Support worker adults/children Part time (action for children)
- Healthcare Assistant
- Direct Payments Officer