Leisure Attendant - Armagh
We are currently recruiting for a Leisure attendant for a local council in Armargh.
You will be part of a trained team of frontline staff who will provide attendant support to the public and staff to ensure a safe and user friendly environment and will deliver a high quality service in a professional manner in accordance with Leisure Services policies and procedures, including a nationally accredited quality scheme.
Your main duties and responsibilities
1. To act as lifeguard, ensuring the safety of all pool users in accordance with agreed
Codes of Practice.
2. To check environmental conditions throughout the building with particular emphasis on pool areas and initiate response maintenance as required.
3. To carry out swimming instruction as required (to be paid at appropriate rate).
4. To deliver a high quality customer service in line with the agreed Customer Charter.
5. To administer first aid in compliance with accident procedures.
To record and report accidents, and take preventative action when required.
6. To maintain an up to date awareness of matters relating to leisure facilities.
7. To undertake attendant duties, including the erection and dismantling of equipment, and the safe storage and maintenance of same.
8. To carry out cleaning duties to ensure agreed high standards of hygiene and housekeeping are maintained.
9. To ensure the safe use and storage of all cleaning machinery and chemicals as per COSHH Regulations.
10. To cover in the absence of designated key holders when required.
11. To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to at all times including induction and training of new staff /work placements as required.
12. To contribute to Departmental working groups as required.
13. To assist with the implementation of the Council's Emergency Plan when required.
It is essential that a successful candidate will have the following:
, Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters and includes spinal board assessment
, Experience of supporting school groups/young people in a recreational situation.
, Have a good knowledge of health and safety relevant to the post.
Be flexible to work a range of hours which may include evenings, weekends, public holidays and early mornings.
This is a part time role working 25 hours a week.
Working in shifts between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.email@example.com or feel free to call Keira on 01772 208967
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Children’s Home Manager
- PA to Director
- Lettings Advisor- Stevenage
- Environmental Health Officer
- Income Recovery Officer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Repairs Scheduler
- Occupational Therapist
- Accommodation & Sustainment Officer
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Homeless Outreach Officer
- Qualified Social Worker - Brief Intervention - Camden Council
- Specialist Nurse
- Housing Needs Officer
- Support worker adults/children Part time (action for children)
- Healthcare Assistant
- Direct Payments Officer