Housing Support Worker
Housing Support Worker - Telford
A West Midlands based Housing Association are recruiting for Support Workers with homelessness experience to join their Bank / Ad Hoc register to cover shifts at their sheltered housing scheme outside Telford - shift requirements can vary as the scheme is a 24 hour, 7 day service.
This is a 24 hour sheltered housing scheme for customers between the ages of 18 - 32 who are either homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
Person-centred support is provided to budget income, achieve goals, provide independent living skills and access education, training or employment.
The 24 hour service operates a sleep in concierge service between 10pm and 8am, for emergency support.
This vacancy is to provide a night-concierge service and additional support work as and when required.
You will be expected to deliver quality housing and support services to sustain tenancies and develop independence.
This will include the following:
* Regular walk-arounds to check the premises (if covering a night shift)
* Meet the needs of customers, commissioners and the wider community.
* Design and deliver tailored support to customers based on an assessment of needs.
* Appropriately adapt approach and delivery of support tools to suit individual customers.
* Review impact of support and next steps.
* Engage with customers to build positive, inclusive relationships.
* Create a customer focused and welcoming environment.
* Ensure all customer related information is relevant and up to date.
The scheme has permanent support and key workers who will provide all support required to clients, you may need to assist in some instances however.
Please note, this is NOT a personal care role.
To be considered for this vacancy, previous support work experience will be beneficial, though is not essential.
You will, however, need to be able to communicate effectively and build relationships with young, vulnerable adults.
You will also need to be able to work alone, as there are night shifts where you may be lone working - in these instances you will responsible for checking the premises and reacting to any emergencies.
Previous housing support experience will be beneficial and you will have to be a relationship builder and be confident to articulate services to customers, colleagues, commissioners and partner agencies.
The following skills will also be essential: Listening, Customer Focus, Organisational Agility, Integrity and Trust, Learning on the Fly, Understanding others, Problem Solving, Curiosity, Decision Quality, Problem Solving.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email you CV to lee.
mcmillan @ servicecare.
uk, alternatively, you can call Lee to discuss the vacancy on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Project Manager
- Commuinty care Officer
- Community Psychiatric Nurse, Band 6
- RGN -District Nurse
- Customer Advisor
- MSK Podiatrist
- Occupational Therapist
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Community Nurse
- Family Support Worker
- Social Worker - Children With Disabilities Team
- Medical Negligence Solicitor
- Supported Housing
- Band 5 Staff Nurse Rotherham
- Home Manager
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Trading Standards Specialist Lead