Home Services Manager
An East Sussex based Housing Association are recruiting for a Housing Officer for based in Brighton.
This role will be focused on providing a customer focussed housing and estate management service within a neighbourhood area with a strong emphasis on rental income and tenancy management.
Your key duties within the role will include the following:
- Taking ownership for a patch of properties and working with customers to ensure efficient tenancy and leasehold management including; letting empty homes, income maximisation and arrears management, setting service charges, resolving anti-social behaviour and managing casework.
- ensuring customers' homes are safe in relation to gas and fire safety and repairs are carried out effectively, undertaking estate inspections and delivering agreed actions.
- Working proactively with customers, managing expectations, to ensure that they are able to have successful tenancies and have a positive view of their environment and landlord.
- Proactively supporting team members to deliver seamless services in line with the Corporate Strategy.
- Delivering improved performance on key indicators including customer satisfaction, letting empty homes, post inspections, estate inspections and income collection.
Rental Income Collection
- Notify customers of rent due, payment dates and methods by which they can pay their rent
- Establish why customers would have rent arrears and find solutions to the reasons for non-payment
- Support tenants in making claims in a timely way
- Initiate appropriate recovery action
- Initiate legal proceedings, attend court and eviction as needed
- Create a solution to all ASB reports
- Risk assessment based on the councils ASB policy
- Record and monitor all cases onto ECINS
- Undertake, action and report on regular estate inspections
- Site inspections and liaise with legal to deal with boundary disputes
- Respond to reports of fly tipping, abandoned vehicles etc.
- Manage a range of tenure types
- Work with Leasehold services officers to provide a housing management service to leasehold properties
- New tenant sign ups and home visits within 4 weeks of a tenancy start date
- Support vulnerable tenants
To be considered for this role you must have experience of providing tenancy management, leasehold management services and knowledge of the legal framework for delivering tenancy and leasehold management.
Experience within customer services is needed.
This is a permanent contract starting mid-March
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 6 CPN
- Locum Employment Solicitor
- Building Surveyor
- Family Contact Worker
- Project Manager
- Commuinty care Officer
- Community Psychiatric Nurse, Band 6
- RGN -District Nurse
- Customer Advisor
- MSK Podiatrist
- Occupational Therapist
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Community Nurse
- Family Support Worker
- Social Worker - Children With Disabilities Team
- Medical Negligence Solicitor
- Supported Housing