Contact Officer, Leicester
I am currently recruiting for a Contact Officer to work within Leicester CC.
The post holder will be responsible for supervising contact between children and their families.
This will include assessments if required.
The post holder will also be involved in transporting children to see their family.
The jobholder will be expected to keep written records of their observation of the contact.
The post is for an initial 1 month period with the high chance of this being extended, with pay rates of £10.93 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide information to individuals and their carers about all services for which they may be eligible in consultation with the named key worker.
- To undertake and co-ordinate the assessment of individuals and their carers needs during contact sessions.
- To implement care plans which will be formalised by the keyworker who has overall case responsibility.
- To identify wherever reasonably practicable health and safety issues that may place individuals or groups at risk, ensuring these are recorded and brought to the attention of staff responsible for the delivery of services.
- To keep the Team Manager and Key Worker informed of progress in each case and to highlight areas of difficulty.
- To ensure that individuals being assessed and their carers are actively involved and consulted during and after the contact session.
- Through the usual line management process to obtain the advice and agreement of the Team Manager regarding care plans, reassessments, transfer and proposals to end involvement of the user.
- Through liaison with internal and external agencies and other sections within Family Support and Protection Services assist in the provision of a co-ordinated service.
- To act as co-worker in named cases where you are the designated contact supervisor.
- To liaise and supply information to family, carers and professionals within the Council's Policy on confidentiality.
- Degree in Social Work or Level 3 Diploma in for the Children & Young People's Workforce, or equivalent (e.g.
NNEB Certificate, NVQ Level 3 or BTEC Diploma in Caring Studies NN, BTEC National Diploma in Childcare Studies NN)
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations & guidance e.g.
Children Act 1989, Working Together, LSCB protocols
- Knowledge of child development and how parenting impacts on child development
- Access to a car
- DBS in place
- Available ASAP
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Month ongoing
- Rate: Up to £10.93 per hour
- Location: Leicester, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-11-27 16:25:33 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grave Digger
- RTA Paralegal
- Pre-court and Prevention Case Officer
- Staff Nurse
- Leasehold Officer
- Case Manager
- Finance Assistant
- Communications Officer (Police) London
- Catering Assistant
- Children's Social Worker - Stockton
- Landscape Architect
- Facilities Management Surveyor
- Adult Social Worker
- Resettlement Service Manager - Refugee
- Bus Escort
- Housing Assistant
- !URGENT! - Band 8a Ward Matron AMHT – Chertsey, Surrey - £30ph
- Senior Planning Officer
- NHS Information Analyst