Adults Clinical Psychologist
The service is a specialist low secure forensic service for men who are over the age of 50.
Care is provided over two wards, both of which are 13 bedded male units and offer an age appropriate environment for those who also have a mental health/personality disorder and/or dementia, in need of physical health care needs.
The hospital is set in its own attractive grounds of over 9 acres near the town of Romford in Essex.
We want to hear from you if you are a dedicated, flexible, forward thinking Clinical Psychologist, with clinical skills and experience in working with older people with complex mental health difficulties, including dementias.
Your role will include a mixture of a direct clinical work, groups, consultation, supervision, training and evaluation, to ensure the team has the widest possible impact.
Our client will want you to provide a specialist clinical psychology assessment of individuals, carers and families referred to this service, using and interpreting complex psychological data from a variety of sources.
This will include neuropsychological assessment and formulation.
You will also provide formulation and implementation of formal psychological treatment and/or management plans.
You will also be responsible for supporting and developing team formulation and the implementation of a range of psychological interventions for service users, and, where appropriate, carers and families.
Identifies, develops and delivers evidence-based psychological interventions, in order to promote and develop recovery and the achievement of life goals for the client; liaising with all stakeholders, including family and carers where appropriate.
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent salary of £60,000 per annum plus other great benefits.
- Receives and responds promptly to referrals undertaking assessments to determine and plan an effective therapy programme for assigned clients using appropriate and relevant treatments, activities and interventions.
- Facilitates individual and group therapy sessions in accordance with the identified care plan and responsive to the learning style and specific complexities of the older-adult population, and are consistent with the provisions detailed in the client’s therapy plan.
- Manages the identified caseload in a transparent manner, within agreed timescales, meeting deadlines and ensuring regular interaction and communication with clients, professional colleagues and clinical staff.
- Forming a key part of the MDT
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records, assessments and professional reports, using the singular electronic patient record.
Presenting and sharing relevant information and knowledge with professional and clinical colleagues at regular MDT meetings.
- Maintains an active CPD portfolio in line with the Professional requirements.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements new and improved methods, techniques and interventions based upon best practice and evidence based research.
The interventions used and developed will be specific to the older adult population, and account for their individual and complex needs.
- The role holder is a valued member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team and as such will provide a psychological perspective to proposed systemic developments across the ward and site.
- Ensures the psychology service provided offers good value for money and supports the overall aims of the site.
Knowledge & Skills
- The role holder will be a Registered Practitioner psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council.
- Preferably, the post holder will also be a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society.
- The post holder should have experience of designing, delivering and reporting on evidenced-based psychological interventions for patients.
- The post holder should have the knowledge and skills to be able to deliver psychological interventions with patients within a secure setting.
Reference ID: 3288
For more information please call Peter Fit on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to email@example.com
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Registered Nurse Children’s Services - RMN, RGN, RNLD -
- Deputy Ward Manager
- Ward Manager - Adult Acute Servic
- RMN Adult Acute Services
- RMN For Acute Ward
- Senior Staff Nurse (PICU)
- Home Manager
- Home Manager
- Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) t
- Registered Staff Nurse
- Extra Care Manager (Support Living Care)
- Deputy Nurse Manager
- Deputy Manager (Registered Nurse)
- Deputy Nurse Home
- Ward Manager - Eating Disorder Unit
- Home Manager
- Clinical Lead Nurse
- Practice Nurse -GP Surgery
- Dementia Manager
- RN Deputy Manager