Corporate Property Officer
Corporate Property Officer, Woolwich
A vacancy has opened for a Corporate Property Manager for a local authority in Woolwich, where the main focus will be to lead on the Council's corporate property function, including the formulation and implementation of policies, strategies and procedures for the management of the corporate property portfolio.
Directing and controlling the people and financial resources necessary to keep the estate safe, compliant and well maintained.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Development and review of the Council's property strategy for the corporate estate.
- To progress negotiations over a number of properties the Council has - mainly non-commercial leases with voluntary sector organisations.
- Providing corporate property expertise and management support to colleagues within the directorate and across the Council; ensuring that a culture of good property and asset management exists across the operations of the Council's property estate.
- To be involved in complex property problems and issues, providing briefing and guidance on these issues to members and Chief/Senior officers.
- To lead on the operation of the Council's property asset investment model (including ensuring up to date inputs into the model) and using the model to provide advice to Chief Officers on the delivery of the Council's asset strategy that delivers the Council's ambitions for income generation and service delivery.
- Formulate and review property and service performance targets, measures, indicators and benchmarking information and establish a monitoring regime to assess the effectiveness and utilisation of the portfolio and to maximise the return on capital employed.
- Establish links with service directorates to ensure that service development strategies and requirements in respect of property, will be matched by viable, efficient and cost effective options.
- To lead on the production of the corporate property asset management plans and related documents to satisfy government and inspection requirements.
- Establish procedures to identify surplus property in the portfolio for rationalisation, gain acceptance for property disposals, manage the decision making process and ensure that the proceeds are supplied in accordance with corporate policy.
- Assist in the formulation and gain acceptance for the implementation of the Council's capital investment strategy and any other strategic property initiatives.
In order to apply for this role, it is an essential requirement that you have recent experience and demonstrable skills in corporate property strategy and asset management.
This is a three month, full time contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
There is a chance the contract will be extended.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
- Start: 26/2/18
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Rate: £17 - £19 per hour
- Location: South East London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-02-14 14:32:58 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Family Support Worker
- Registered General Children's Community Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- YOT Restorative Justice Officer
- Site Manager
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst
- HGV Driver
- Community Support Worker
- Network and Server Engineer
- Lettings Coordinator
- Childrens Safeguarding Social Worker | Stafford, Staffordshire
- Qualified Social Worker - Care Management - Sandwell
- Social Worker
- Social Worker