Head Of Property
Head of Property, Woolwich
A local authority based in Woolwich are looking to recruit for a Head of Property, to directly oversee 10 staff and be accountable to the Assistant Director of Regeneration for the strategic development, production, monitoring and review of the Council's property strategy and portfolio of assets.
The focus of this role is to provide comprehensive, professional and innovative asset management services to the Council and to lead, direct, monitor and control the work of a team of a multi-disciplinary team of professional staff responsible for the Council's property assets including the Valuation and Estates function.
Further responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring that a culture of excellent property and asset management exists across the operations of the Council's property estate.
- To lead, negotiate and manage the Council's major property transactions to ensure best value is achieved.
- To work with the Assistant Director to lead the development and implementation of strategies and policies for the most effective management and use of the Council's property assets.
- To be pro-active in dealing with complex property problems and issues, providing briefing and guidance on these issues to Members and Chief/Senior officers.
In this position, you will be directly managing 10 staff, as well as another 10-20 indirectly managed consultancy / contracting staff.
In order to apply for this role, it is essential that you have a recognized property qualification and have significant previous property management experience within a senior capacity.
You will also need to have the following experience:
- Proven experience of project managing large cross Council programmes and projects
- Proven experience of the formulation, development and delivery of a range of property strategies (including an asset management strategy and disposal and acquisition strategies)
- Experience of facilitating and managing successful partnership working with a range of diverse functions both internal to the Council and external organizations
This is a three month, full time contract, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
There is a chance the contract will be extended.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
- Start: 26/2/18
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Rate: £30 - £35 per hour
- Location: South East London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-02-14 14:29:26 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Occupational Therapist
- YOT Restorative Justice Officer
- Site Manager
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst
- HGV Driver
- Community Support Worker
- Network and Server Engineer
- Lettings Coordinator
- Childrens Safeguarding Social Worker | Stafford, Staffordshire
- Qualified Social Worker - Care Management - Sandwell
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Mental Health Nurse
- Independent and Safeguarding Reviewing officer