Debt Recovery Officer
Debt Recovery Officer, Grays
A local authority based in Essex are recruiting for a Debt Management Officer, on a temp-to-perm basis, to deal with a variety of contact types from telephone calls, written enquiries, emails, face to face visits and attendances to Court and to assist the team in the collection of outstanding Council Tax, Business Rates, Parking Contraventions and Sundry Debts.
The key responsibilities within this role will be to:
- Interact with people experiencing difficulties in paying their debts at negotiate payment plans.
- Select appropriate cases for Enforcement Agents (Bailiffs) to visit, attachments of earnings or benefits to be implemented, request charging orders, commence insolvency (bankruptcy/winding up) or committal to prison procedures.
- Select and pursue cases through the County Court process, raising a summons, applying for judgment, then pursuing through Papers for Questioning or High Court action if appropriate.
- Tracing people that have absconded with computer based intelligence and via telephony.
- Interact with senior members of staff and with local Councillors
- Detect “vulnerable” people and support them and sign post them to Citizens Advice, Money Advice etc.
- To interact with Debt Collection Agencies managing debts on behalf of the Council
- To attend County Court and Magistrates Court as required
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
To be successful within this role, it is essential that you have a strong knowledge of the debt collection processes.
You must also have strong negotiation sills and be computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It will be highly beneficial to your application if you have a working knowledge of Oracle or Northgate systems, and an understanding of the County Court and Magistrates processes.
Furthermore, a Knowledge of the Enforcement Officers role and processes would be helpful, but not essential.
This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week.
The contract is for an initial 2 months, but with the view to become permanent beyond this.
The working hours will be flexible, between the hours of 8am and 8pm, with potential overtime required.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Site Manager
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst
- HGV Driver
- Community Support Worker
- Network and Server Engineer
- Lettings Coordinator
- Childrens Safeguarding Social Worker | Stafford, Staffordshire
- Qualified Social Worker - Care Management - Sandwell
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Mental Health Nurse
- Independent and Safeguarding Reviewing officer