Consultant Psychiatrist For Hospital
We are currently expanding our service with the addition of a newly purpose built 12-bed Adolescent Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) which is due to open in October 2017.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to help team deliver the highest standard of care to young people and their families that use our services. You will works closely with the multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive a holistic and person-centred care and treatment programme based on the recovery model.
The Adolescent PICU ward will accept admission from all around the United Kingdom and the unit will be supported by a full multidisciplinary team. The team will work closely alongside referrers and NHS England case managers. The patients referred will be at a high level of risk at the point of referral. Admissions will be taken as emergencies, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
· Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
· Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
· Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to pre-admission assessments of young people with other team members.
· Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
· Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital, and contributing to the development of service strategy.
· Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
Knowledge & Skills
· You should be a good team player and be keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans. You should be willing to take part in service evaluation and improvement.
· You are required to hold and continue registration with the GMC including the relevant Specialist Register.
You will be expected to provide evidence of their registration, if requested, by the Hospital Director or Responsible Officer/Group Medical Director.
· •You will hold an MRCPsych (or equivalent qualification) and a Higher Specialist Training, CCST / CCT (or equivalent) in CAMHS Psychiatry and will have experience of working in inpatient settings with people with significant mental health difficulties. Ideally, you will have some PICU or inpatient experience, and will be able deal effectively and constructively with conflict in challenging situations.
Autonomy & Impact:
You will be able to work autonomously to agreed short and medium term objectives where professional advice will be immediately obvious.
You will be able to understand the impact their actions will have on the care of the patient and the workings of the multidisciplinary team.
Intelligent & Problem Solving
The majority of problem solving is based upon acquiring systemic knowledge and experience where some adaptive and creative thinking is occasionally required when translating best practice and evidence based research into practical operational solutions for application within the department.
Reference ID: 2354
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Ward Manager
- Support Services Manager
- Registered Nurse Home Manager
- RMN/RNLD Ward Manager
- 3295 RMN/RNLD Nurse
- Speech and Language Therapist
- 3293 Registered Nurse Ward Manager
- Staff Nurse (Registered Mental Nurse/Registered Learning Disabilities
- Deputy Manager
- Speciality Doctor High Dependency Units
- Deputy Ward Manager
- Adults Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- CBT Therapist Acute
- Registered Mental Health Nurse RMN
- Staff Nurse For New Service Opening
- Deputy Ward managers
- CAMHS Consultant
- RN Ward Manager