Consultant Psychiatrist For Hospital
We are currently expanding our service with the addition of a newly purpose built 12-bed Adolescent Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) which is due to open in October 2017.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to help team deliver the highest standard of care to young people and their families that use our services. You will works closely with the multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive a holistic and person-centred care and treatment programme based on the recovery model.
The Adolescent PICU ward will accept admission from all around the United Kingdom and the unit will be supported by a full multidisciplinary team. The team will work closely alongside referrers and NHS England case managers. The patients referred will be at a high level of risk at the point of referral. Admissions will be taken as emergencies, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
· Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
· Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
· Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to pre-admission assessments of young people with other team members.
· Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
· Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital, and contributing to the development of service strategy.
· Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
Knowledge & Skills
· You should be a good team player and be keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans. You should be willing to take part in service evaluation and improvement.
· You are required to hold and continue registration with the GMC including the relevant Specialist Register.
You will be expected to provide evidence of their registration, if requested, by the Hospital Director or Responsible Officer/Group Medical Director.
· •You will hold an MRCPsych (or equivalent qualification) and a Higher Specialist Training, CCST / CCT (or equivalent) in CAMHS Psychiatry and will have experience of working in inpatient settings with people with significant mental health difficulties. Ideally, you will have some PICU or inpatient experience, and will be able deal effectively and constructively with conflict in challenging situations.
Autonomy & Impact:
You will be able to work autonomously to agreed short and medium term objectives where professional advice will be immediately obvious.
You will be able to understand the impact their actions will have on the care of the patient and the workings of the multidisciplinary team.
Intelligent & Problem Solving
The majority of problem solving is based upon acquiring systemic knowledge and experience where some adaptive and creative thinking is occasionally required when translating best practice and evidence based research into practical operational solutions for application within the department.
Reference ID: 2354
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- RMN CAMHS Acute Admissions and Discharge Ward
- Registered RMN Nurse
- Clinical Team Leader
- RMN For Eating Disorder Unit
- RGN for inpatient service.
- RMN Clinical Team Leader
- Registered Staff Nurse
- Registered Nurse Unit Manager
- Registered Manager
- Clinical Lead Nurse
- Registered Nurse Clinical Lead
- Position for Deputy Manager (Extra Care)
- Deputy Manager(Extra Care) Required
- Deputy Manager – Nurse Qualified
- Excellent Deputy Manager Needed RGN
- RN Deputy Manager for Care Centre
- Healthcare Assistant for Care Home
- Registered Mental Health or General Nurse
- RMN Nurse to join Dementia Unit
- Registered Staff Nurse wanted