Dementia Lead Nurse for Care Home
A great position has arisen for a Dementia Lead Nurse to join a fantastic Care Home based in Bangor.
The home specialises in a range of different types of care to suit the service users needs, from nursing, palliative care to short-term and respite care.
The successful Nurse will receive a competitive salary of £16.75 per hour with great additional benefits such as a holiday allowance, pension scheme, development programme, childcare vouchers, free parking plus many more.
As a Dementia Lead Nurse you will have the responsibility of leading a team of staff to ensure the highest standard of care is given to the service users, as well as developing the service.
Your role will be to:
· Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing the service user's needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
· Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
· Build the positive reputation of the home and unit – liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
· Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
· Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
· Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
· Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
· Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
· Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
· Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the team’s skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
To be considered for this you must be a qualified Registered Nurse with experience within a senior position.
Reference ID: 2503
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- Registered Nurse Deputy Manager
- RGN OR RMN Deputy Home Manager
- Clinical Psychologist
- Team Leader (Residential Units)
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Registered Staff Nurse For Hospital
- Registered Charge Nurse
- Registered Lead Nurse
- Staff Nurse For Healthcare Service
- East and West Midlands - Peripatetic Manager
- Ward Manager (Female PICU)
- Staff Nurse For Care Service
- Commissioning Registered Manager (Clinical or None Clinical)
- Registered Manager
- Band 7 CAMHS Advanced Practitioner
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse - RSCN
- Speech & Language Therapist - FT/PT
- Deputy Manager for Care Home