Practice Nurse for Rehabilitation Hospital
20 Bed rehabilitation hospital for adults with mental health issues is seeking for a part time Practice Nurse.
The hospital provides a welcoming and friendly environment to help people on their recovery journey.
They offer individualised care plans with the patient at the centre of development.
As a Practice Nurse you will provide general nursing services to the patient population by assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
The ideal candidate will assist in the development of practice protocols for the hospital and clinical protocols for the clinical team.
The successful candidate for this role will be paid a competitive salary plus other generous benefits and will be working part time.
Practice Nurse Role involves:
- Health Promotion - proactively developing and maintaining health promotion material within the hospital
- Vaccinations and immunisations, administering injections, ensuring safe storage, keeping records
- Assessing, planning, providing and evaluating physical nursing care to meet the care needs of individuals in the practice population
- Providing access to specialist nurses/GPs who have an SLA with the hospital
- Blood taking for Clozapine (CPMS) monitoring and other investigations
- Infection Control - supporting patients and colleagues in adopting sound infection control measures and being a member of the Infection, Prevention & Control group
- Providing support to patients in changing behaviours/habits, e,g., diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking cessation
- Engaging and facilitating audits of physical health related issues where appropriate
- Extensive clinical experience in primary/secondary Care
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
- The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, positive and committed
- Have ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment
To be considered for this role you must be qualified as Registered General Nurse and must be registered with NMC
Reference ID: 1669
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- RGN For Clinic/Renal Clinic
- Staff Nurse For Clinic
- Registered General Nurse RGN For Dialysis Clinic
- RGN Nurse For Dialysis Clinic
- RGN /Part Time /Clinic
- RGN Nurse For Clinic
- Registered Nurse Unit Manager/Clinical Lead
- Registered Nurse for Nursing Home
- Registered Staff Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Senior Dementia Nurse
- Registered Nurse Deputy Home Manager
- Registered General Nurse Position
- Sister/ Charge Nurse
- Deputy Home Manager
- Nights Senior Nurse for Care Home
- Registered Staff Nurse
- Registered Nurse Service Manager
- Ward Manager
- Support Services Manager